As the launch of Coast Bike Share approaches, the City of Tampa is partnering with the Tampa Downtown Partnership’s Tampa BayCycle campaign, Tampa’s SPOKESpeople for all things cycling, to provide free bike safety classes for residents in local recreation centers and parks.
Tampa BayCycle will hold seven classes in November, with the additional classes to be added in the coming months. As part of each class, a certified instructor will walk participants through the basic “Top 10” tips of bike safety in an informal classroom style setting. Each participant will also leave with important safety gear such as a helmet, light set, or vest.
A list of scheduled classes is below. All classes last one hour and begin at 6:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
- Tuesday, Nov. 4 – Hillsborough Community College, Ybor Campus (Ybor Room, 2112 N 15th St.) (Begins at noon)
- Tuesday, Nov. 4 – Hillsborough Community College, Ybor Campus (Ybor Room, 2112 N 15th St.) (Begins at 6 p.m.)
- Wednesday, Nov.5 – Pour House (1208 E Kennedy Blvd #112, Channel District)
- Thursday, Nov. 6 – Don Vincente de Ybor Historic Inn (1915 Avenida Republica De Cuba)
- Monday, Nov. 10 – Kate Jackson Community Center (821 S. Rome Ave., Hyde Park)
- Wednesday, Nov. 12 – Kahwa Coffee Café (400 N Ashley Dr., Downtown) (Begins at noon)
- Wednesday, Nov. 12 – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Recreation Complex (2200 N Oregon Ave, East Tampa)
- Monday, Nov. 17 – Desoto Park Playground Activity Complex (2617 Corrine St, Ybor City)
- Tuesday, Nov. 18 – Sandra Freedman Tennis Complex (59 Columbia Dr., Davis Islands)
- Thursday, Nov. 20 – Duckweed Urban Grocery (803 N Tampa St., Downtown)
Or host a FREE Bicycle Safety class for your group. Use the form below to reserve your spot and let us know which class works best for you.